cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding recaptcha to checkout with BrainTree to prevent carding attacks

Adding recaptcha to checkout with BrainTree to prevent carding attacks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has implemented core recaptcha at checkout when using the BrainTree or BrainTree Gene. We've been hit HARD by carding attacks targeted using Magento's guest checkout api and the Braintree module.

The response from both parties is to just add recaptcha to the place order step at checkout. Magento core doesn't have an option to add recaptcha nor does BrainTree's extensions. So I'm having to custom develop this. Was wondering if anyone has done this before and has examples of code on how to do so. I'm getting a little stuck trying to inject it into the BrainTree place order step.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Adding recaptcha to checkout with BrainTree to prevent carding attacks

Hello @BookReader 

You can use 3dsecure

Thanks.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

Thanks for the suggestion. From the documentation in Magento's wiki it looks like it works with Authorize.net. Doesn't look like this works with BrianTree though.

Were you ever able to find a solution? Our website is hit by one hell of a carding attack and we can't seem to find a solution... no extensions, nothing!

I'm right now testing one alternative and will likely post about it on the off chance that it works since there isn't anything dependable I have found at this point.

Hello,

Google Recaptcha for Braintree credit form available on Magento 2.4.2. But Recaptcha showing and not validating the captcha and no response get from Recaptcha. Its passes every time.

Please advise anyone who have the solution.

Thank you 

Thank you,
Koffee Express Team