cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Override or Plugin Magento\Quote\Model\Cart\ShippingMethodManagement

SOLVED

Can't Override or Plugin Magento\Quote\Model\Cart\ShippingMethodManagement

I must be not understanding something. When I try to override or extend via plugin the Magento\Quote\Model\Cart\ShippingMethodManagement class it just doesn't work. Here's my code:

frontend/di.xml

<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:ObjectManager/etc/config.xsd">
<type name="Magento\Quote\Model\ShippingMethodManagement">
    <plugin name="vnsShippingmethodmanagement" type="VNS\Shippingquote\Model\ShippingMethodManagement" sortOrder="1"/>
</type>

Model/ShippingMethodManagement.php

public function __construct(    \Magento\Catalog\Api\ProductRepositoryInterface $productRepository) {    $this->productRepository = $productRepository;
}

private function afterGetShippingMethods(Quote $quote, $output)
{    error_log('test');
}

Module is installed/enabled, cache cleared, genereated/ deleted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't Override or Plugin Magento\Quote\Model\Cart\ShippingMethodManagement

Hi 

I see this is private method so you can not use Plugin for this case. 

Plugins cannot be used with any of the following:

• Final methods
  • Final classes
  • Non-public methods
  • Static methods
  • __construct
  • Virtual types
  • Objects that are instantiated before Magento\Framework\Interception is bootstrapped
  • Objects that are not instantiated by the ObjectManager (e.g. by using new directly).

You can read more on Magento document https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/extension-dev-guide/plugins.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi 

I see this is private method so you can not use Plugin for this case. 

Plugins cannot be used with any of the following:

• Final methods
  • Final classes
  • Non-public methods
  • Static methods
  • __construct
  • Virtual types
  • Objects that are instantiated before Magento\Framework\Interception is bootstrapped
  • Objects that are not instantiated by the ObjectManager (e.g. by using new directly).

You can read more on Magento document https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/extension-dev-guide/plugins.html

Thanks for this. That makes sense. Is this also why I can't override it using <preference?

This is solved now. I found out that to override it I need to include all the public and private functions so I basically copied ShippingMethodManagement.php from the core to my module and added the things I needed. It's working great now. Thanks!

Re: Can't Override or Plugin Magento\Quote\Model\ShippingMethodManagement

I am also overriding same function can you tell how you override it.

I also used the preference method but getting the type error and then run di:compile command but its not solve that issue .

Can you tell me how you solved that