cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't flush cache over Terminal

SOLVED

Can't flush cache over Terminal

Hello,

I created a  module the way someone suggested me here: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/122133/magento-2-2-0-7-how-to-edit-a-a-php-file-from-modu...

Now I would need to run the command php bin/magento setup:upgrade though the problem is the upcoming error message:

Edit: I do not know why the code part is showing a black rectangle with nearly black font...

php magento cache:flush

[Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception]
  SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

[PDOException]
  SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

cache:flush [--bootstrap="..."] [types1] ... [typesN]

This error happens too when I simply try to flush the cache through terminal. Though asking if the developer mode is activated runs without a problem. I did not try flushing cache through terminal before the module but when I delete all module files and dir from server the error still is there.

Now I have read this article http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/trouble/php/tshoot_phpini.html 

And really, the Loaded Configuration File had a different path. Now this was changed. It is still a bit different like /opt/phpfcgi-5.6/lib instead 5.6.22 but the previous dir is a redirect to the first one so they are the same files. I guess that would not mean problems, right?

Anyway, the error did not disappear. Now I added 'Package_Topmenu' => 1, in config.php under app/etc. Unfortunately my website now is blank. Smiley Very Happy Not a single sign in sourcecode anymore... no entry in logs either.

When I delete the module then it claims it can't be found. When I delete the etc-folder then some error message shows up claiming that something could not be found too.

Now what is the problem and how to solve? Anyone an idea?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't flush cache over Terminal

It seems I had no access to the database through terminal. I'm not really experienced with unix so I thought the error has to lie in magento. Smiley Indifferent

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It seems I had no access to the database through terminal. I'm not really experienced with unix so I thought the error has to lie in magento. Smiley Indifferent

Have you solved this?