cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure free shipping base on categories

SOLVED

Configure free shipping base on categories

Hi, guys, i'm a begginer at Magento, and i need to implement free shipping based on a product category. if my product belongs to a category, it will have free shipping. The problem i'm faced is, when there is a mixed list (products that belong and don't belong), it still oferrs free shipping, when it shold calculete the cost of products that don't belong in the category.

Also, when the free shipping is available, it should hide other shipping options.

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configure free shipping base on categories

Hi @nilson_prohni 

Try the setting shared in the screenshot.

screenshot from 2020-04-07 18-20-55.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @nilson_prohni 

For Free shipping enable you can follow the below Magento 2 document.

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ee/user_guide/marketing/price-rules-cart-free-shipping.html

To apply for a category you need to select category in Action tab while creating shopping cart rule for free shipping.

Screenshot from 2020-04-07 07-34-18.png

I hope it will help you!

Thank you, @Vimal Kumar , i will look and see if it works. I have set the category in action, just like this: Anotação 2020-04-07 093425.pngIt works when all products on my lists belong to one of these categories, but if one doesn't it does not work as i need it. if the product does not belong, it should charge only the cost of this product and ignores the ones with free shipping. I'll see what i can do and give you a feedback latter.

Hi @nilson_prohni 

Try the setting shared in the screenshot.

screenshot from 2020-04-07 18-20-55.png

hi, as shown above, i did that. set the rule to apply to shipping amount, and free shipping to apply for matching itens only. it still apply to all products in the cart if one matches the condition. i need to aplly only for the ones that match and charge the shipping for the ones that don't.

Thank you and i'll keep studying.