cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countries without zipcodes or postal codes

SOLVED

Countries without zipcodes or postal codes

Does Magento 2.3.3's default require zip or postal codes for countries that don't have zip or postal codes.  Please see attach. 

If no, please tell me how to configure so zip or postal code is not required at registration.  Thanks.countries_without_postalcodes_2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Countries without zipcodes or postal codes

Hello @Sheba 

https://magecomp.com/blog/how-to-make-zip-postal-code-optional-for-checkout-in-magento-2/

This is the guide to help you with step by step how you can make zip postal code optional for countries. It is Magento default functionality so no need to use any third-party extension for such functionalities.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Sheba 

https://magecomp.com/blog/how-to-make-zip-postal-code-optional-for-checkout-in-magento-2/

This is the guide to help you with step by step how you can make zip postal code optional for countries. It is Magento default functionality so no need to use any third-party extension for such functionalities.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Many thanks!  It WORKED!

[COUNTRY CODES ALPHA-2]

AD,AG,AW,BS,BZ,BJ,BW,BF,BI,CM,CF,KM,CG,CD,CK,CI,DJ,DM,DO,TL,GQ,ER,FJ,TF,GM,GH,GD,GN,GW,GY,HK,JM,KE,KI,KP,MO,MW,ML,MR,MU,MS,NR,NL,NU,PA,QA,RW,KN,LC,ST,SA,SC,SL,SB,SO,ZA,SR,SY,TZ,TK,TO,TT,TV,UG,AE,VU,YE,ZW

[magento cli]

bin/magento config:set general/country/optional_zip_countries 'AD,AG,AW,BS,BZ,BJ,BW,BF,BI,CM,CF,KM,CG,CD,CK,CI,DJ,DM,DO,TL,GQ,ER,FJ,TF,GM,GH,GD,GN,GW,GY,HK,JM,KE,KI,KP,MO,MW,ML,MR,MU,MS,NR,NL,NU,PA,QA,RW,KN,LC,ST,SA,SC,SL,SB,SO,ZA,SR,SY,TZ,TK,TO,TT,TV,UG,AE,VU,YE,ZW'