cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer being logged out during checkout

Customer being logged out during checkout

Hi, I'm running a website on Magento 2.2.2 and have an odd problem. The site has just re-launched, it was previously running Magento 1.9.3 however, now, when a customer is logged in and goes to the checkout any REST API calls on the checkout page, such as /rest/default/V1/carts/mine/estimate-shipping-methods-by-address-id returns a 401 error and the checkout page redirects the customer to the login page. Should the customer login again and goes to the checkout page - the same thing occurs.

Now here's the gotcha - should the customer use a private browser session, the checkout works without any issues.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customer being logged out during checkout

If its works smoothly on private window without any issue, then seems like browser caching and cookie issue.

Try with another system browser in general window without private mode and check it is working or not.

Also clear all your browser cache manually ,including session storage as well and then try that might works.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: Customer being logged out during checkout

Thanks for your reply I've tried that, no difference.

If you use a new browser (E.G. Edge rather than Chrome) that has not viewed the site before, then the checkout works fine, however on the next visit, the issue will occur. This is on a live site and we cannot expect the customers to clear their browser cache, or use private browser each time they visit the site.