cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate content with store code in url

Re: Duplicate content with store code in url

@myrbourfak618d wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed an important issue and I'm surprised that nobody has given focus to it, so no solution found in internet yet.

I want to create a multilingual site (greek and english) and I have enabled "Add Store Code to Urls" and created two store views with the corresponding codes en (english) and el (greek).

I have set up greek as default.

The issue is that the system gives the exact same page if you go to example.com/page and if you go to example.com/el/page. This of course is 100% duplicate content and will be for sure penalized!
So how can we solve this?
Possible solutions:
1. redirect all pages with /el/ to the one without it
2. redirect all pages without code to /el/ (my preference)
3. block access to pages without code

I'm using nginx.

How can achive the above? What implications we may have?
I would prefer to achieve solution 2. but if I do it with nginx redirects then if I hit /admin this will direct to /el/admin and this will create an infinite loop.
How all the people with multilingual sites solve this major issue? Am I missing something? I haven't found adequate solutions in internet

Here is also a similar question but they closed the subject without solution!
https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/20147

You'll pay a weekly rate of $100,000 or more for a Yacht charter in french polynesia. If you want something smaller, the price varies between $20,000 and $80,000. For a megayacht rental (much bigger than a superyacht), you can expect to pay upwards of a million dollars. The larger the yacht, the higher the cost.