cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on import of magento2 own sample data file

Error on import of magento2 own sample data file

Magento2 Import sample data ERROR

Downloaded export file with test products and trying to IMPORT it back without even opening up I get errors on magento2

Magento can't upload it's own files??? Please advise

Data validation failed. Please fix the following errors and upload the file again.
Following Error(s) has been occurred during the importing process:
Only the first 100 errors are shown. Download full report
1. Value for 'product_type' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
2. Invalid value in Website column (website does not exist?) in row(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Checked rows: 6, checked entities: 6, invalid rows: 6, total errors: 12import1.PNGimport2.PNGimport3.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Error on import of magento2 own sample data file

May I know on which version you are checking? Are you checking in vanilla Magento? I have tried the same i.e

1. Export sample file from Magento for product

2. Import exported sample file 

make sure website_id should be 1 and product_type should contain valid values like 

simple
simple
simple
grouped
bundle
bundle

Try to download this file and import, its default Magento file which I download from my setup 

https://files.fm/u/5aafxhvq

2018-09-13 10_07_41-Import _ Import_Export _ Data Transfer _ System _ Magento Admin.png

Hello @vlad_kogan,

I don't know if this is relevant to your problem, but I had the same issue after I migrated a Magento 1.9 store.

In the Magento 1.9 store was a attribute created called Product Type. The attribute code was product_type, and the accepted values did not match simple, grouped etc.

I renamed the wrong product_type attribute in the database. After that the problem was fixed and the import run correctly.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Sometimes Magento complains on the incorrect format of fields even for just exported file or downloaded from admin sample csv. That is why I always re-save the file with UTF-8 without bom encoding, even if I do not edit anything there. If you are using Mac, re-save in CSV (Windows) format.

There also may be issue with column separators. By default it's comma, but open your file in Notepad ++ to make sure (check also if there are no extra symbols) and the same separator should be indicated during import. Here is also detailed import guide with all info.

Kindly refer blog for import product like simple and configurable,

In Blog all the details given for import products,

Import Simple Product

For configurable product,

Import Config Product

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial