cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges or discounts on ADMIN order entry

Extra charges or discounts on ADMIN order entry

Hello,

We are customizing our magento 2 installation.

We sell somewhat high value products, where we may get orders through a negotiation (because of volume or some other reason). We may need to charge special freight. We may need to offer special discounts (not overriding product price, but like a basket discount). The NAME of the charge (or discount) and the VALUE can be arbitrary and is entered by hand.

For example if the sum of an order was 10,269.65 - we might make it 10,000 and give them a SPECIAL DISCOUNT Value -269.95. They might be shipping to a weird place and there might be a surcharge like LAST MILE FREIGHT Value $145.

It could be completely different for the next order.

The way I am thinking about this is an array of basket charges - Name Value pairs, that one can invoke by pressing a button (call it ADD CHARGE). And you can do this as many times as you want (say a limit of 5).

Has anyone run across this situation (only required in admin)?

Is there a module that exist for this?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sam

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Extra charges or discounts on ADMIN order entry

Hello,

I think I can add freight charges by creating a product that is $1 in value and making the quantity the freight amount.

It will be a generic FREIGHT named product.

But I still cannot figure out how to do a line item discount. If there was a way to make a product whose price was negative, it would work - the same way as the positively priced Freight above.

Can I make a negatively priced product?

Thanks

Sam

Hi @samreg

We RedChamps recently developed extension "Order Total Adjustment By Admin"

https://redchamps.com/order-total-adjustment-by-admin-magento-2-extension.html

This should exactly match up with your requirements.

Briefly, it allows you to apply an additional fee or discount to new orders getting created from admin or to the existing orders. You can specify the title of the discount or fee yourself.

Thank you very much. I will check this out. Sounds like exactly what I need.
Thanks, Sam

Hello

We are definitely on the right path. Name value pairs. The solution works for one adjustment. I am going to see what one might need to do to have two adjustments on the same order. Say a Discount (negative) and a Freight Charge (positive).

Thanks

Sam

Hey @samreg,

As we are already in discussion about this outside forum, just want to share the update here so that it can help other forum users as well.

The extension can now handle multiple adjustments to order. These can have negative or positive amounts.

So now 

- Surcharge (positive)

- Discount (negative)

Freight Charge (positive)

altogether can be applied to order.

ExistingOrderTotalAdjust-Small-M2.png

It applies to entire order, not line  item . Can we put discount by line item