cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get selected options of a simple which belongs to a configurable product

Get selected options of a simple which belongs to a configurable product

I have a product object of a simple product which belongs to a configurable. I'm trying to get the attributes of the configurable which led to the simple I have. Since each simple of a configurable is the result of selecting options of that configurable, that should be possible.

I have the full simple product option and   of the attribute but only if I know the name of the attribute. Since the attribute is dynamic and can change I won't hardcode it.

There's a   for Magento 1 but that won't work for Magento 2.

How do I get the configurable options that led to the simple I have available?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Get selected options of a simple which belongs to a configurable product

@landstaronline wrote:

I have a product object of a simple product which belongs to a configurable. I'm trying to get the attributes of the configurable which led to the simple I have. Since each simple of a configurable is the result of selecting options of that configurable, that should be possible.

I have the full simple product option and   of the attribute but only if I know the name of the attribute. Since the attribute is dynamic and can change I won't hardcode it.

There's a   for Magento 1 but that won't work for Magento 2.

How do I get the configurable options that led to the simple I have available?

I ended up resolving the parent product and mapping the configurable attributes from the parent to the ones the simple product.

This works but I feel like it adds too much unnecessary overhead because now I need to load the full product every time I want to get the configurable options.

Re: Get selected options of a simple which belongs to a configurable product