cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics e-commerce integration

Google Analytics e-commerce integration

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to integrate my e-commerce (www.kingoflenses.com) with the e-commerce funcionalities of Google Analytics, but I guess I'm doing something wrong: I can see the info on Analytics, but the e-commerce part doesn't show anything.

First I tried to just configure things in Analytics and enable it in the "google api" part. Evertything works, minus the e-commerce part.

Then I tried some modules ("google tag manager plus" and stuff like that), but it didn't work as well. 

I'm confused about the data layer, etc. Is it supposed to be automatic (I'm using Magento 1.8), if the Analytics is working? I even tried to upload the script to success.phtml, but nothing happened.

Please, can somebody help me? I'm frying my head here haha

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Google Analytics e-commerce integration

Hi @dandara_lego

Adding enhanced eCommerce to GA is really hard and in most cases it requires some knowledge in coding.

- If you use GA, you will need to customize its code and add to your site e (not only change some settings in GA profile).

- if you use Google Tag Manager, you will have to create Data Layers yourself as they are not applied automatically.

You can google some tutorials that might help.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi Amasty,

Thanks for any help you can give.

I wanted to clarify on a few things as I don't find a definitive answer:

1) For basic GA ecommerce tracking in magento 1.9.3.4 is it necessary to do any code amendments, beyond just putting the GA indicator in the configuration settings? If so, what?

2) For enhanced ecommerce settings, how is that done?

Thanks, Warren

Hi @warrenc

1) For basic GA enhanced eCommerce tracking you just need to install your GA code and enable enhanced eCommerce in your GA account settings.

2) For more enhanced eCommerce data, you'll need some coding. For example, here is a guide on how to do that via Google Tag Manager and DataLayer - https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce

But I would stick to the first variant and move to the second one if there is a real need for that.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Very helpful! Thank you.

@dandara_lego wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to integrate my e-commerce (www.kingoflenses.com) with the e-commerce funcionalities of Google Analytics, but I guess I'm doing something wrong: I can see the info on Analytics, but the e-commerce part doesn't show anything.

First I tried to just configure things in Analytics and enable it in the "google api" part. Evertything works, minus the e-commerce part.

Then I tried some modules ("google tag manager plus" and stuff like that), but it didn't work as well. 

I'm confused about the data layer, etc. Is it supposed to be automatic (I'm using Magento 1.8), if the Analytics is working? I even tried to upload the script to success.phtml, but nothing happened.

Please, can somebody help me? I'm frying my head here haha

Don't fry your head instead use the following extension which comes with scripts to import directly in GTM as well for Google Enhanced Ecommerce, Facebook, Adwords and Remarketing.

For M1

https://www.scommerce-mage.com/magento-google-tag-manager-enhanced-ecommerce-tracking.html

For M2

https://www.scommerce-mage.com/magento-2-google-tag-manager-enhanced-ecommerce-tracking.html