cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How sign up works?

SOLVED

How sign up works?

Hi All,

I would like to know how the Sign Up function works in Magento because I want to customize the login function. The question is after the customer signs up will Magento use the same Login method that he uses during the login flow?

I would like some directions about how can I customize the Login and Sign Up modules.

The only thing that I have found so far is that we can customize the "storefront" not the functions.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How sign up works?

Hi @bruno_soares

Yes . Magento uses same login functionality after sign up - same like our regular customer login.

As both are using LoginPost Controller for the same , Regarding flow i would suggest you to show first two below files : 

For Login Layout - vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/layout/customer_account_login.xml

For Account create - vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/layout/customer_account_create.xml

Above mention files are the layout files of both - login and sign up , go through with it.

From those files you will find which Blocks exactly call for this functions and from that Block you will find which Model And Controllers files are call for the login and sign up !

After looking into Model and Controller you will got to know exact idea how its working , 

Refer this link as well for LoginPost controller - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/166821/login-in-controller-mangento2

Go with Mention steps - it will helps you for the same !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How sign up works?

Hi @bruno_soares

Yes . Magento uses same login functionality after sign up - same like our regular customer login.

As both are using LoginPost Controller for the same , Regarding flow i would suggest you to show first two below files : 

For Login Layout - vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/layout/customer_account_login.xml

For Account create - vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/layout/customer_account_create.xml

Above mention files are the layout files of both - login and sign up , go through with it.

From those files you will find which Blocks exactly call for this functions and from that Block you will find which Model And Controllers files are call for the login and sign up !

After looking into Model and Controller you will got to know exact idea how its working , 

Refer this link as well for LoginPost controller - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/166821/login-in-controller-mangento2

Go with Mention steps - it will helps you for the same !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution