cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set Default Attribute Set At Scale

How to Set Default Attribute Set At Scale

Hello, 

Please how do I set products without attribute to inherit the default attribute.

Background story:

I have about 300 attributes created without logic on my site.

Now i am trying to clean it up by deleting this attribute sets but I am worried about having products without any attributes at all.

So I want a scenerio where if an attribute set is deleted, the product inherits the default attribute

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to Set Default Attribute Set At Scale

1. Find the id of "Attribute Set" in the database column

eav_attribute_set.attribute_set_id

UPDATE eav_entity_type SET default_attribute_set_id = '%YOUR_Attribute_Set_ID%' WHERE eav_entity_type.entity_type_code = 'catalog_product';

3. Re-index and Clear cache

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

Hello, 
1. Please check your attribute set id, where you want to switch.
2. Get product id and use them to set the new attribute set.

$attributeSetId = 12; //set attributeSetId, In which you want to set the product.
$product_id = 10; // product id of that product, whose attribute set you to want to change.
$storeId = YOUR STORE ID; // store id of the product, where product exists.
$objectManager = \Magento\Framework\App\ObjectManager::getInstance();
$product = $objectManager->create('Magento\Catalog\Model\Product')->load($product_id);
$product->setAttributeSetId($attributeSetId)->setStoreId($storeId)->save();

Thanks.

@seopaykobo5726 wrote:

Hello, 

Please how do I set products without attribute to inherit the default attribute.

Background story: eTenet.com

Now i am trying to clean it up by deleting this attribute sets but I am worried about having products without any attributes at all.

So I want a scenerio where if an attribute set is deleted, the product inherits the default attribute

1.Find id of "Attribute Set" in database column eav_attribute_set.attribute_set_id

2.UPDATE `eav_entity_type` SET `default_attribute_set_id` = '%YOUR_Attribute_Set_ID%' WHERE `eav_entity_type`.`entity_type_code` = 'catalog_product'; 3. reindex and clear cache

@seopaykobo5726 wrote:

Hello, 

Background story:

ChoiceADVANTAGE App

Rails allows us to change the type and set the default value of the attribute.