cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change position of the sidebar block on CMS Pages?

SOLVED

How to change position of the sidebar block on CMS Pages?

Hello,

I used widget on Admin backend to create a sidebar block on all CMS pages. Here is the block codes

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
<style xml="space"><!--
body {
  font-family: "Lato", sans-serif;
}

.sidenav {
  width: 200px;
  position: relative;
  z-index: 1;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  background-color: #fff;
  overflow-x: hidden;
  padding-top: 20px;
}

.sidenav a {
  padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
  text-decoration: none;
  font-size: 15px;
  color: #818181;
  display: block;
}
.sidenav a:hover {
  background-color: #f1f1f1;
}

@media screen and (max-height: 450px) {
  .sidenav {padding-top: 15px;}
  .sidenav a {font-size: 18px;}
}
--></style>
<div class="sidenav"> <a href="/about-us">About Us</a> <a href="/privacy-policy">Privacy Policy</a> <a href="/terms-and-conditions">Terms &amp; Conditions</a> <a href="/shipping-and-delivery">Shipping &amp; Delivery</a> <a href="/returns-and-exchanges">Returns &amp; Exchanges</a> <a href="/payment-methods">Payment Methods</a> <a href="/measuring-guide">Measuring Guide</a> <a href="/size-chart">Size Chart</a> <a href="/color-chart">Color Chart</a> <a href="/faqs">FAQs</a> </div>

All the pages were set to 2 columns with left bar layout. I cleared the cache and refreshed the page. I found the sidebar is very close to the left. Can you please tell me how to move the sidebar to the correct position. Thank you in advance. I am using magento 2.27 version and a 3rd-party template.

20181227230907.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to change position of the sidebar block on CMS Pages?

@ruvaders wrote:

Hello,

I used widget on Admin backend to create a sidebar block on all CMS pages. Here is the block codes

<style xml="space"><!--
body {
}

.sidenav {
}

.sidenav a {
}
}

}
--></style>
<div class="sidenav"> <a href="/about-us">About Us</a> <a href="/privacy-policy">Privacy Policy</a> <a href="/terms-and-conditions">Terms &amp; Conditions</a> <a href="/shipping-and-delivery">Shipping &amp; Delivery</a> <a href="/returns-and-exchanges">Returns &amp; Exchanges</a> <a href="/payment-methods">Payment Methods</a> <a href="/measuring-guide">Measuring Guide</a> <a href="/size-chart">Size Chart</a> <a href="/color-chart">Color Chart</a> <a href="/faqs">FAQs</a> </div>

All the pages were set to 2 columns with left bar layout. I cleared the cache and refreshed the page. I found the sidebar is very close to the left. Can you please tell me how to move the sidebar to the correct position. Thank you in advance. I am using magento 2.27 version and a 3rd-party template.

20181227230907.png

This is the Css Issue, 

Use this code

@media (min-width: 1200px)
{
body.wide .container 
{
width: 1200px !important;
}

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.45.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.46.47 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@ruvaders wrote:

Hello,

<style xml="space"><!--
body {
}

.sidenav {
}

.sidenav a {
}
}

}
--></style>

20181227230907.png

This the Css Issue, 

Use this code

{
body.wide .container 
{
}

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.45.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.46.47 AM.png

@ruvaders wrote:

Hello,

<style xml="space"><!--
body {
}

.sidenav {
}

.sidenav a {
}
}

}
--></style>

20181227230907.png

This is the Css Issue, 

Use this code

{
body.wide .container 
{
}