cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexer not running after custom import

Indexer not running after custom import

Hello,

I have created a module that performs a custom import following the documentation here. The import works, however, in order for the changes to show on the frontend the catalog_category_product index needs to be reindexed.

After inspecting the core Magento CustomerImportExport, I followed what was listed in the corresponding import.xml for declaring the index (see my file below)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:module:Magento_ImportExport:etc/import.xsd">

<entity name="catalog_position" label="Catalog Position"
            model="MyCompany\CatalogPositionImport\Model\Import\CatalogPosition"
            behaviorModel="MyCompany\CatalogPositionImport\Model\Source\Import\Behavior\Custom" />

<!-- Indexes to be run after import -->
    <relatedIndexer entity="catalog_position" name="catalog_category_product" />
</config>

Unfortunately, this index never seems to fire. It is set to "Update on Save" in the admin, and I confirmed running the php bin/magento indexer:reindex catalog_category_product reindexes successfully. It almost seems as if it's not picking up the relatedIndexer (though I have cleared caches, ran setup:upgrade, di:compile, the whole nine yards).

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.