cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing problems with custom module on Windows OS

SOLVED

Installing problems with custom module on Windows OS

Hi,

I've tried to install my custom module including InstallSchema.php on my local Windows 7 XAMPP System. I've followed the example here and tried to update the database with this command: php bin/magento setup:db-schema:upgrade

That works without any problems. But now the shop isn't working correctly and I get this error "Please upgrade your database: Run "bin/magento setup:upgrade" from the Magento root directory. ".

During the execution of the other command above I get an new error "Missing write permissions to the following directories : 'D:/xampp/htdocs/myModule/pub/static'"

What can I do to fix the error on my Windows OS?
I saw that the directory is read-only and fixed that with the explorer, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

Regards
Marco

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing problems with custom module on Windows OS

Delete the "pub/static" folder manually and rerun the "bin/magento setup:upgrade" command.

View solution in original post

That doesn't fix the issue at all.

I deleted the folder "pub/static", remove the read-only permission on pub and created a new static folder.

Than the upgrade works!

I keep an eye on it if I get the issue again and report in this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Delete the "pub/static" folder manually and rerun the "bin/magento setup:upgrade" command.

That doesn't fix the issue at all.

I deleted the folder "pub/static", remove the read-only permission on pub and created a new static folder.

Than the upgrade works!

I keep an eye on it if I get the issue again and report in this post.