cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use the Ultimo Mega Menu on another theme?

Is there a way to use the Ultimo Mega Menu on another theme?

We purchased the Ultimo theme and decided to go another route, but I would like to still use the mega menu. Does anyone know how to make that happen?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is there a way to use the Ultimo Mega Menu on another theme?

Hi @TylerWolf

Well if you decided to go with another Route (Theme) - then its not possible to use mega menu of Ultimo Theme !

But you required to develop same mega menu functionality of ultimo theme on another theme which you are using - meaning you required to do custom code for the same

without building custom code its not possible to use mega menu of ultimo theme to another theme !

To build up the same code - you need check core theme files of ultimo theme and need to develop it for the same 

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

The Mega Menu is its own module.

Hi @TylerWolf

Yes - i understand that it is in separate module !

Still if you open etc/module.xml file of that module - then you will get to know that - this mega menu is depended on couple of other modules as well - they have mention this details in <sequence> tag of etc/module.xml file of this mega module !

Kindly check this file , so if you installed this module in your repository you also needs to installed those depended modules as well - so ultimately you required to load all the modules !

still if you wanted to test - just put this module in app/code directory with proper namespace 

and run below commands in sequence :

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Then check module is installed or not successfully - if its installed then check its mega menu functionality for the same !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I have done that and can see the module on the backend. When I enable the menu it just doesn't work. 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

(index):1 Refused to execute script from 'en_US/ultramegamenu.js' because its MIME type ('text/plain') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

require.js:141 Uncaught Error: Script error for: ultramegamenu
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at makeError (require.js:166)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.js:1681)

I am also getting these on the front end.