cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M2.2.4CE Checkout: Adding New Shipping Address automatically sets address as Billing Address

M2.2.4CE Checkout: Adding New Shipping Address automatically sets address as Billing Address

Hello!

When adding a new address to the shipping address list on the first part of the onepage checkout, I have noticed that it will automatically set the new shipping address as the billing address on the payment step.

This is not what I am looking as it is B2B and needs to maintain the billing address at all times, regardless of added shipping addresses.

This issue only occurs when first landing on checkout page, immediately creating a new address before going to payment step), if selecting an already made shipping address and continuing to payment, the billing will work as intended and maintain the set default billing address.

Would anyone know why the new added shipping address is being set as the default billing?

Thanks

UPDATE

I found the location of the New Address form, however it doesn't seem to have any indication anywhere that would make it end up being forced as the billing address.

/vendor/magento/module-checkout/view/frontend/web/template/shipping-address/form.html

Also saw this post: Magento 2 : Default billing address not selected by default on checkout page which I thought may be the exact fix I was looking for, but did not work either.

1 REPLY 1

Re: M2.2.4CE Checkout: Adding New Shipping Address automatically sets address as Billing Address

Hello @WinteRx182

Share the code you tried, you may need to implement those things by creating custom extension.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now