cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3.2. CE. quantity_and_stock_status attribute mis-reporting data.

Magento 2.3.2. CE. quantity_and_stock_status attribute mis-reporting data.

Hi,

I have an interesting problem. My product attribute 'quantity_and_stock_status' is reporting some items as 'in stock' when there are out of stock, and 'OOS' when they are in stock.

The image below is a report I ran showing actual stock quantities, and the value of 'quantity_and_stock_status' - the highlighted item shows 0 stock but 'in stock', when the actual status of the product is 'out of stock' on the admin product page.

There are a few more that you can see that are positive stock values but are marked as OOS by 'quantity_and_stock_status'.

Does anyone know where this value is stored? D.B? Or how I reset the values?

Any pointers would be gratefully received. TIA

Stock IssueStock Issue

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2.3.2. CE. quantity_and_stock_status attribute mis-reporting data.

The value is stored in the table: catalog_product_entity_int using whatever attribute_id it is for your store.  It's my understanding that value, for quantity_and_stock_status will always be "1" in that db table.  When you export product data to see the "is_in_stock" value (or need to determine in code files whether a product is actually in stock or out of stock), there is a built-in function that looks at the quantity value and determines the actual status real-time. I think the use of "quantity", "quantity_and_stock_status", and "is_in_stock" is confusing.

- Tom