cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3: add login link before minicart

SOLVED

Magento 2.3: add login link before minicart

I want to add a login link before mini-cart icon in red box area. I am using a custom theme for magento 2.3. Any solution?

magento2.3 add sign in link before minicart.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.3: add login link before minicart

Hi @PankajS_Magento ,

To get the login before the minicart icon, you need to update the layout, template and css style. 

Open the app/design/frontend/YourTheme/theme/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml add following code in the file. 

<page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
    <body>
        <move element="authorization-link" destination = "header-wrapper" before="minicart" />
    </body>
</page>

Now you need to modify the phtml file and css otherwise it won't look appropriate, as in the current phtml file the link is in the <li></li> tags, so need to update it according to your theme.

The phtml file path is

<magento_install_directory>/vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/templates/account/link/authorization.phtml

Update the css and clear the cache. 

If you find this helpful, please Accept as solution and provide Kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi @PankajS_Magento 

The solution is working for default Magento setup. You may have some customization that's why it's not working. If it's possible you can share the code to check this. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Need to customize layout.

Hi @PankajS_Magento ,

To get the login before the minicart icon, you need to update the layout, template and css style. 

Open the app/design/frontend/YourTheme/theme/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml add following code in the file. 

<page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
    <body>
        <move element="authorization-link" destination = "header-wrapper" before="minicart" />
    </body>
</page>

Now you need to modify the phtml file and css otherwise it won't look appropriate, as in the current phtml file the link is in the <li></li> tags, so need to update it according to your theme.

The phtml file path is

<magento_install_directory>/vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/templates/account/link/authorization.phtml

Update the css and clear the cache. 

If you find this helpful, please Accept as solution and provide Kudos.

@khatri_gaurav 

Thanks for your reply. But doesn't work for me.

Hi @PankajS_Magento 

The solution is working for default Magento setup. You may have some customization that's why it's not working. If it's possible you can share the code to check this. 

Thanks.

<?php
/**
 * Copyright © Magento, Inc. All rights reserved.
 * See COPYING.txt for license details.
 */

// @codingStandardsIgnoreFile

/** @var \Magento\Customer\Block\Account\AuthorizationLink $block */

$dataPostParam = '';
if ($block->isLoggedIn()) {
    $dataPostParam = sprintf(" data-post='%s'", $block->getPostParams());
}
?>
<li class="authorization-link" data-label="<?= $block->escapeHtml(__('or')) ?>">
    <a <?= /* @noEscape */ $block->getLinkAttributes() ?><?= /* @noEscape */ $dataPostParam ?>>
        <?= $block->escapeHtml($block->getLabel()) ?>
    </a>
</li>

Hi @PankajS_Magento 

This my  authorization.phtml.

Could you please tell me how to edit it.

I use default magento luma theme 2.3.1

default.xml is in here?

vendor/magento/theme-frontend-luma/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml

/app/design/frontend/Magento/NO MORE FOLDER HERE.

I want to do:

logo nav mini-cart and sign-in signup in the header in one row is possible