cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Configureable Products

Magento Configureable Products

I'm building a store selling fabric. Using configurable products, each design is availble as (type) "a sample", "a returnable sample", or "a length". Each design is available in a number of colours (between 4 and 9). All good so far. The colours might be as follows…
"Cinnamon" (=brown), "Cranberry (=red)", "Indigo(=blue)", "Seafoam(=green)", very specific colours.  I've set up attributes for "type" and one for "colour". However, in the product list, I'd like to filter the list of designs to show all those with red variants or blue variants, general colour grouping (and have the product show in the correct colour) e.g the "reds" would contain "Cranberry, Raspberry, Rose &c.".  I've set up another attribute to do this "colour_group"  and the product list page works great, however on the product page I know have to select the group as well as type and colour to add the product to the cart.

The colour group is not really an individual "product attribute" but more of a grouping of similar products that do not require user selection but is predetermined by the admin.

Any idea how I should achieve this?