cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Integration Oauth Access Tokens Never Expire?

SOLVED

Magento Integration Oauth Access Tokens Never Expire?

Hi I just want to make sure that if I created an integration via OAuth authentication

I would use the access token of which for Magento 2 API calls.  It is my experience that they never expire, is this claim absolutely true?

Insofar that the behavior is different from the admin and customer access tokens that do expire and have to regenerate a token else get a 401 error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento Integration Oauth Access Tokens Never Expire?

Hi @jad_atoui,

For tokens generated from activating an integration under System > Extensions > Integrations:

As the process of registering the integration proceeds, Magento creates the tokens that the application needs for authentication. It first creates a request token. This token is short-lived and must be exchanged for an access token. Access tokens are long-lived and will not expire unless the merchant revokes access from the application.

Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance. 

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @jad_atoui,

It will expire depending on the time that you set in the config.

You can increase the lifetime of these tokens in Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Services -> OAuth

if issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Hi,

I do not think what you stated is correct. What you are saying applies to
Admin and customer access tokens but not the token generated from
activating an integration under System > Extensions > Integrations.

Regards,
Jad

Hi @jad_atoui,

For tokens generated from activating an integration under System > Extensions > Integrations:

As the process of registering the integration proceeds, Magento creates the tokens that the application needs for authentication. It first creates a request token. This token is short-lived and must be exchanged for an access token. Access tokens are long-lived and will not expire unless the merchant revokes access from the application.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

Thank you Marcus, I am finding it to be the case that they are not expiring as long as they are not manually revoked