cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Sync Orders After Upgrade 2.3 To 2.4

Magento Sync Orders After Upgrade 2.3 To 2.4

I have to change server and upgrade magento on the same. My way of doing this is:

1. Create a new server
  2. Move the files and database to new server
  3. Upgrade magento on new server.
  4. Fix all errors in 3rd party modules - this will take time
  5. After magento will work on new server, change DNS

But here i have a problem, in meantime in old magento new orders can be placed. I do not want to stop old magento instance for whole process as it can take ~1-2 days.

On new server after everything works, i tried to upload again database from old server and make "upgrade", but then i got many errors. My questions are:

1. what should be optimal flow for upgrade magento & server change
  2. is it possible to sync orders after upgrade - how to do it? 
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento Sync Orders After Upgrade 2.3 To 2.4

Thanks for your sharing!

@bajgdemantfb3b wrote:

I have to change server and upgrade magento on the same. My way of doing this is:

1. Create a new server

But here i have a problem, in meantime in old magento new orders can be placed. I do not want to stop old magento instance for whole process as it can take ~1-2 days.

On new server after everything works, i tried to upload again database from old server and make "upgrade", but then i got many errors. My questions are:

Friendly warning to anyone who is considering launching a store with Magento 2. Don't. Just don't.

Choose something else. Anything.

Magento 2 is complete nightmare garbage to work with. I regret spending over a year trying to get this platform to work. And I didn't really do anything fancy. I basically modified the basic theme with some CSS, installed a few extension from reputable extension providers (maybe like 5 in total), and that is about it. And the store still does not work properly.

I've submitted over 30 confirmed core bugs on the M2 github in 2019. And these are breaking bugs that renders the store unusable. Things such as not being able to checkout or manage your orders.

Some highlights of M2 development:

- You fix 2 bugs and another one creeps up from nowhere

@bajgdemantfb3b wrote:

1. Create a new server

But here i have a problem, in meantime in old magento new orders can be placed. I do not want to stop old magento instance for whole process as it can take ~1-2 days & my website will be derank due to this.

Magento 2 is complete nightmare garbage to work with. I regret spending over a year trying to get this platform to work. And I didn't really do anything fancy. I basically modified the basic theme with some CSS, installed a few extension from reputable extension providers (maybe like 5 in total), and that is about it. And the store still does not work properly.

You have to do a lot on things to move your website from one end to another.

@bajgdemantfb3b wrote:

1. Create a new server
  2. Move the files of waterproofing and database to new server

So you don't need to change instance. You can change it after 2 days, But there is also solution, you can use both at same time. I use for my website.

Pizza Hut Menu Prices UK – Pizza Hut opened its first UK location in 1973 in Islington, London.

Nice Post,

Thanks for sharing this information with us

Kroger Eschedule