cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Sync Orders After Upgrade 2.3 To 2.4

Magento Sync Orders After Upgrade 2.3 To 2.4

I have to change server and upgrade magento on the same. My way of doing this is:

1. Create a new server
  2. Move the files and database to new server
  3. Upgrade magento on new server.
  4. Fix all errors in 3rd party modules - this will take time
  5. After magento will work on new server, change DNS

But here i have a problem, in meantime in old magento new orders can be placed. I do not want to stop old magento instance for whole process as it can take ~1-2 days.

On new server after everything works, i tried to upload again database from old server and make "upgrade", but then i got many errors. My questions are:

1. what should be optimal flow for upgrade magento & server change
  2. is it possible to sync orders after upgrade - how to do it? 
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Magento Sync Orders After Upgrade 2.3 To 2.4

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

mcdvoice

As Magento is a popular eCommerce platform, it regularly improves its ability to adapt to higher performance and scalable demands. By using the latest Magento version, you will be able to use the latest technology and significantly increase your eCommerce store’s performance. So, here we go…

Magento developer focused on improving website performance. Elasticsearch 7.5 support Magento commerce and Magento open source. There are other new update like deprecated core integration of third party payment system, signified fraud protection code, Symfony components and migration of dependencies on Zend Framework.Tellaldi

Amazon Sales Channel 4.2.0 is compatible with versions 2.3.x but only supported for versions 2.4.x of Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, and Magento Commerce Cloud. If you have a previous Amazon Sales Channel version installed and attempt to update your Magento to version 2.4.0, you will be prompted to update the extension before you can complete the Magento update.website

Thanks for sharing such greatful article. i am magento developer and always keep eyes on this thread and this forum. thank you. Mcdvoice