cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 - How to add a product into cart programatically when checkout_cart_product_add_after is fi

Magento2 - How to add a product into cart programatically when checkout_cart_product_add_after is fi

Consider there are two product ie: Product A and Product B. Product B is a virual product which i need to add to cart when Product A is added to it. To do so, I am trying to add Product B to cart by observing an event checkout_cart_product_add_after. Once Product A is added, i am retrieving the quantity of product added for Product A and based on it I am trying to add Product B programatically. To add product B, I have written below code:

<?php
namespace MyModule\Applicationcharges\Observer;

use Magento\Framework\Event\ObserverInterface;
use Magento\Framework\App\RequestInterface;

class AddCharges implements ObserverInterface
{
    protected $_productRepository;
    protected $_cart;

public function __construct(\Magento\Catalog\Model\ProductRepository $productRepository, \Magento\Checkout\Model\Cart $cart){
        $this->_productRepository = $productRepository;
        $this->_cart = $cart;
    }

public function execute(\Magento\Framework\Event\Observer $observer)
    {
        $item=$observer->getEvent()->getData('quote_item');
        $product=$observer->getEvent()->getData('product');
        $item = ( $item->getParentItem() ? $item->getParentItem() : $item );
        $product->getQty();

$params = array(
            'product' => 2056,
            'qty' => 1
        );

$_product = $this->_productRepository->getById(2056);
        $this->_cart->addProduct($_product,$params);
        $this->_cart->save();
    }
}

However, trying to add product using $this->_cart->addProduct() doesn't work. Can anyone please guide how this can be done? Is there anything which I am missing.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento2 - How to add a product into cart programatically when checkout_cart_product_add_after i

Hi,

Further digging into code, if you goto execute function. The code for adding the product into cart is: $this->_cart->addProduct($_product,$params);

If you check addProduct function in vendor/module-checkout/Model/Cart.php you will see it is the function which is dispatching checkout_cart_product_add_after event.

See solution in http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/115929/magento2-how-to-add-a-product-into-cart-programati...