cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 Import sample data ERROR

SOLVED

Magento2 Import sample data ERROR

UPD: NOT SOLVED *** See below ***

Downloaded export file with test products and trying to IMPORT it back without even opening up I get errors on magento2

Magento can't upload it's own files???

Data validation failed. Please fix the following errors and upload the file again.
Following Error(s) has been occurred during the importing process:
Only the first 100 errors are shown. Download full report
1. Value for 'product_type' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
2. Invalid value in Website column (website does not exist?) in row(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Checked rows: 6, checked entities: 6, invalid rows: 6, total errors: 12import1.PNG

import2.PNG

import3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento2 Import sample data ERROR

OK guys got the solution! 

In order to upload your data column product_type must be empty on Add/Update
How is that not documented I have no idea. Just did test on my 75 product list with no idea.

****** product types cannot be uploaded via the import feature. *********

solution.PNG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hello @vlad_kogan,

I don't know if this is relevant to your problem, but I had the same issue after I migrated to a Magento 1.9 store.

In the Magento 1.9 store was an attribute created called Product Type. The attribute code was product_type, and the accepted values did not match simple, grouped etc.

I renamed the wrong product_type attribute in the database. After that, the problem was fixed and the import runs correctly.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

I just did a fresh install.
My case that I installed and Exported sample data and trying to import as add/update right back. and I'm having an issue with this product_type. What's funny that I didn't open/edit/save file after an export but it's complaining about some rows and not all. 
Sample file I exported is 75 product items, why

is it complaining about just a few records?  whats up with rows 1-6? row 10, 14,18, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42 

It seems like from 1-6 good and then every 4th record is good till 45th and after the rest are good. Something is up, please advise. 
1. Value for 'product_type' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 41, 43, 44, 45

@vlad_koganCan you please share the file you are trying to upload.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Yes, sir here you go. this is a set of test products on http://usawheelchair.com test environment. I did export products and now would like to import them right back.
https://dropmefiles.com/NkJzs

Additionally, I took the sample file and remove all lines and only keep 3 line and I can't pass the validation. here is an example. What's going on, it's a basic 3 lines....

1. Value for 'product_type' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 1, 2, 3

product_type is simple

sku,store_view_code,attribute_set_code,product_type,categories,product_websites,name,description,short_description,weight,product_online,tax_class_name,visibility,price,special_price,special_price_from_date,special_price_to_date,url_key,meta_title,meta_keywords,meta_description,created_at,updated_at,new_from_date,new_to_date,display_product_options_in,map_price,msrp_price,map_enabled,gift_message_available,custom_design,custom_design_from,custom_design_to,custom_layout_update,page_layout,product_options_container,msrp_display_actual_price_type,country_of_manufacture,additional_attributes,qty,out_of_stock_qty,use_config_min_qty,is_qty_decimal,allow_backorders,use_config_backorders,min_cart_qty,use_config_min_sale_qty,max_cart_qty,use_config_max_sale_qty,is_in_stock,notify_on_stock_below,use_config_notify_stock_qty,manage_stock,use_config_manage_stock,use_config_qty_increments,qty_increments,use_config_enable_qty_inc,enable_qty_increments,is_decimal_divided,website_id,deferred_stock_update,use_config_deferred_stock_update,related_skus,crosssell_skus,upsell_skus,hide_from_product_page,custom_options,bundle_price_type,bundle_sku_type,bundle_price_view,bundle_weight_type,bundle_values,associated_skus
24-WG085,,Default,simple,"Default Category/Gear,Default Category/Gear/Fitness Equipment",,Sprite Yoga Strap 6 foot,"The Sprite Yoga Strap is your untiring partner in demanding stretches, holds and alignment routines. The strap's 100% organic cotton fabric is woven tightly to form a soft, textured yet non-slip surface. The plastic clasp buckle is easily adjustable, lightweight and urable under strain.100% soft and durable cotton.Plastic cinch buckle is easy to use.Three natural colors made from phthalate and heavy metal free dyes.",,1,1,Taxable Goods,"Catalog, Search",14,,,,sprite-yoga-strap-6-foot,Meta Title,"meta1, meta2, meta3",meta description,"2015-10-25 03:34:20","2015-10-25 03:34:20",,,Block after Info Column,,,,,,,,,,,Use config,,"has_options=1,quantity_and_stock_status=In Stock,required_options=0",100,0,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,1,0,1,"24-WG087,24-WG086","24-WG087,24-WG086","24-WG087,24-WG086",,"name=Custom Yoga Option,type=drop_down,required=0,price=10.0000,price_type=fixed,sku=,option_title=Gold|name=Custom Yoga Option,type=drop_down,required=0,price=10.0000,price_type=fixed,sku=,option_title=Silver|name=Custom Yoga Option,type=drop_down,required=0,price=10.0000,price_type=fixed,sku=yoga3sku,option_title=Platinum",,,,,,
24-WG086,,Default,simple,"Default Category/Gear,Default Category/Gear/Fitness Equipment",,Sprite Yoga Strap 8 foot,"The Sprite Yoga Strap is your untiring partner in demanding stretches, holds and alignment routines. The strap's 100% organic cotton fabric is woven tightly to form a soft, textured yet non-slip surface. The plastic clasp buckle is easily adjustable, lightweight and durable under strain.8' long x 1.0"" wide.100% soft and durable cotton.Plastic cinch buckle is easy to use.Three natural colors made from phthalate and heavy metal free dyes.",,1,1,Taxable Goods,"Catalog, Search",17,,,,sprite-yoga-strap-8-foot,Meta Title,"meta1, meta2, meta4",meta description,"2015-10-25 03:34:20","2015-10-25 03:34:20",,,Block after Info Column,,,,,,,,,,,Use config,,"has_options=0,quantity_and_stock_status=In Stock,required_options=0",100,0,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,1,0,1,24-WG087,24-WG087,24-WG087,,,,,,,,
24-WG087,,Default,simple,"Default Category/Gear,Default Category/Gear/Fitness Equipment",,Sprite Yoga Strap 10 foot,"The Sprite Yoga Strap is your untiring partner in demanding stretches, holds and alignment routines. The strap's 100% organic cotton fabric is woven tightly to form a soft, textured yet non-slip surface. The plastic clasp buckle is easily adjustable, lightweight and durable under strain.10' long x 1.0"" wide.100% soft and durable cotton.Plastic cinch buckle is easy to use.Three natural colors made from phthalate and heavy metal free dyes.",,1,1,Taxable Goods,"Catalog, Search",21,,,,sprite-yoga-strap-10-foot,Meta Title,"meta1, meta2, meta5",meta description,"2015-10-25 03:34:20","2015-10-25 03:34:20",,,Block after Info Column,,,,,,,,,,,Use config,,"has_options=0,quantity_and_stock_status=In Stock,required_options=0",100,0,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,1,0,1,24-WG086,24-WG086,24-WG086,,,,,,,,

OK guys got the solution! 

In order to upload your data column product_type must be empty on Add/Update
How is that not documented I have no idea. Just did test on my 75 product list with no idea.

****** product types cannot be uploaded via the import feature. *********

solution.PNG

ACTUALLY, I was ahead of my self. It does pass the DATA Validation CHECK and offers you an import yet on actual import it Fails with the same error. It's a mess and a bug.imp1.PNGimp2.PNG 

@vlad_kogan did you ever figure out a solution for this? Same thing is happening to me.

Thanks. This was the issue in my specific case. Thanks !