cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 customer account creation, save boolean value in attribute

SOLVED

Magento2 customer account creation, save boolean value in attribute

Long story short, i'm creating a module that allows me to add newattributes in the customer entity, letting the user insert data in thoseattributes at registration. The problem is that when the new attribute is a boolean the data provided by the user doesn't get saved.

So, as the title says, i've added some new attributes in my customer entity, one of which is a boolean, as you can see from the code in setup/InstallData.php

$customerSetup->addAttribute(\Magento\Customer\Model\Customer::ENTITY, 'azienda', [
            'type' => 'int',
            'label' => 'Azienda',
            'input' => 'boolean',
            'source' => '',
            'required' => false,
            'visible' => true,
            'position' => 333,
            'system' => false,
            'backend' => ''
        ]);

and i've also created the frontend layout override for "customer_account_create", everything works fine, other text fields i've added are saved correctly but i can't get it to save in my database this "azienda" attribute which is a boolean. I've tried checkboxes, radiobuttons, textfields with "yes", "true" and "1", whatever i put in that field the boolean attribute will be always unchecked (false) after registration.

Tried to add "default" => 1 in the entity array but it still doesn't save the value as true/checked.

Hope i've explained my issue well enough, i feel like it's something small that i'm doing wrong but i can't figure out what it is. Thank you for your help Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento2 customer account creation, save boolean value in attribute

OK, i've managed to fix it, in the end it wasn't something hard or impossibile to find.

I did what i should have done from the beginning, check how the "subscribe to newsletter" was being saved and i've noticed that the <input type="checkbox">  had the value="1" property, so i've put it in my checkbox and now it works. Leaving here the code if someone has my same problem. 

<div class="field choice newsletter">
            <input type="checkbox" name="azienda" title="<?= $block->escapeHtmlAttr(__('Azienda')) ?>" value="1" id="azienda" class="checkbox">
            <label for="azienda" class="label"><span><?= $block->escapeHtml(__('Azienda')) ?></span></label>
        </div>

From what i understand this works because the checkboxes will be added to the post request ONLY if they are checked with the on value but if we add the value="1" property that gets sent instead and when Magento2 receives azienda -> 1 it saves it correctly in my user entity

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

please use below code for same.

public function install(ModuleDataSetupInterface $setup, ModuleContextInterface $context)
    {
        $customerSetup = $this->_customerSetupFactory
            ->create(['setup' => $setup]);

$customerEntity = $customerSetup->getEavConfig()
            ->getEntityType('customer');
        $attributeSetId = $customerEntity->getDefaultAttributeSetId();

$attributeSet = $this->_attributeSetFactory->create();
        $attributeGroupId = $attributeSet->getDefaultGroupId($attributeSetId);

// Add creditlimit attribute
        $customerSetup->addAttribute(Customer::ENTITY, 'azienda', [
            'type' => 'int',
            'label' => 'Azienda',
            'input' => 'boolean',
            'source' => '',
            'value' => 0,
            'default' => '',
            'required' => false,
            'visible' => false,
            'user_defined' => true,
            'sort_order' => 300,
            'position' => 300,
            'system' => false,
            'is_used_in_grid' => false,
            'is_visible_in_grid' => false,
            'is_visible' => true,
            'is_filterable_in_grid' => false,
            'is_searchable_in_grid' => false,
        ]);

$attribute = $customerSetup->getEavConfig()
            ->getAttribute(Customer::ENTITY, 'azienda')
            ->addData([
                'attribute_set_id' => $attributeSetId,
                'attribute_group_id' => $attributeGroupId,
                'used_in_forms' => [
                    'customer_account_create',
                    'customer_account_edit',
                    'checkout_register',
                    'adminhtml_customer'
                ],
            ]);

$attribute->save();

After upgrade command, please run reindex command as well.

If it will work then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hi @Sunil Patel,

I've tried your suggestion but still it doesn't work, as you can see from the attached image the registration is correct and the custom fields i added are all correctly saved  except the boolean 'azienda'

Here the code of the frontend layout file that gets loaded:

<fieldset class="fieldset create account" data-hasrequired="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('* Required Fields') ?>">
    <legend class="legend"><span><?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('Informazioni Fatturazione') ?></span></legend>
    <p>
    <div class="field regulation">
        <label for="regulation" class="label"><span><?php /* @escapeNotVerified */
                echo __('Azienda') ?></span></label>
        <div class="control">
            <input type="checkbox" name="azienda" id="azienda" title="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('Azienda') ?>" class="checkbox" data-validate="{required:false}">
        </div>
                echo __('Privato') ?></span></label>
        <div class="control">
            <input type="checkbox" name="privato" id="privato" title="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('Privato') ?>" class="checkbox" data-validate="{required:false}">
        </div>
                echo __('piva azienda') ?></span></label>
        <div class="control">
            <input type="text" name="piva_azienda" id="piva_azienda" title="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('piva azienda') ?>" class="input-text" data-validate="{required:false}">
        </div>
                echo __('cf azienda') ?></span></label>
        <div class="control">
            <input type="text" name="cf_azienda" id="cf_azienda" title="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('cf azienda') ?>" class="input-text" data-validate="{required:false}">
        </div>
                echo __('cf privato') ?></span></label>
        <div class="control">
            <input type="text" name="cf_privato" id="cf_privato" title="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo __('cf privato') ?>" class="input-text" data-validate="{required:false}">
        </div>
    </div>
    </p>
</fieldset>

Attached screenshot: magento_customer_creation.png

Hello @daniel_bertagnolli

Checkbox value sends Yes and No value, can you please check in post and pass 0 and 1 value.

Hope it will help you.

If it will help you then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

OK, i've managed to fix it, in the end it wasn't something hard or impossibile to find.

I did what i should have done from the beginning, check how the "subscribe to newsletter" was being saved and i've noticed that the <input type="checkbox">  had the value="1" property, so i've put it in my checkbox and now it works. Leaving here the code if someone has my same problem. 

<div class="field choice newsletter">
            <input type="checkbox" name="azienda" title="<?= $block->escapeHtmlAttr(__('Azienda')) ?>" value="1" id="azienda" class="checkbox">
            <label for="azienda" class="label"><span><?= $block->escapeHtml(__('Azienda')) ?></span></label>
        </div>

From what i understand this works because the checkboxes will be added to the post request ONLY if they are checked with the on value but if we add the value="1" property that gets sent instead and when Magento2 receives azienda -> 1 it saves it correctly in my user entity