cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module Route Not Found

SOLVED

Module Route Not Found

I am facing a 404 page not found error while trying to setup a simple module in Magento 2.4.3-p1.

I have seen different threads related to the issue I am having, none worked for me nor gave me any clue on the issue source.

 

I have my module in `app/code/{vendorname}/{modulename}`.

I have followed the typical structure anyone find in any tutorial online, added `registration.php`, `etc/module.xml`, `etc/frontend/routes.xml`, `Controller/{controllername}/{actionclass}.php`.

 

I have tried:

magento module:enable {modulename}
magento setup:update
magento s:s:d -f
magento cache:clean
magento c:f

(the usual commands..) Also, I have deleted var and generated folders before running the commands again, nd still having 404 not found. 

I have some customization in `view/frontend/layout/default.xml` which works great in the same module.

 

My Files are as follows:

Controller:

<?php
namespace {Vendorname}\FirstModule\Controller\Test;

use Magento\Framework\App\Action\Action;

class Index extends Action
{
    public function __construct(\Magento\Framework\App\Action\Context $context)
    {
        return parent::__construct($context);
    }
    public function execute()
    {
        echo "<h1> HOHO </h1>";
        exit;
    }
}
Note: I have seen the `Action` class is deprecated, and tried `ActionInterface` instead, but still the same..
 
routes file:
<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:App/etc/routes.xsd">
    <router id="standard">
        <route id="firstmodule" frontName="firstmodule">
            <module name="{Vendorname}_FirstModule" />
        </route>
    </router>
</config>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Module Route Not Found

I found out that the module name was the issue since it has to be the same and case-sensitive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Module Route Not Found

I found out that the module name was the issue since it has to be the same and case-sensitive.

View solution in original post