cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Assistance with Magento 2.x Programming: Trouble with Custom Checkout Step

Need Assistance with Magento 2.x Programming: Trouble with Custom Checkout Step

Hi Magento community,

I am currently working on a Magento 2.x project, and I'm facing a challenge with implementing a custom checkout step. Here's the specific issue I'm encountering:

I have created a custom module to add an additional checkout step after the shipping information step. The step is designed to collect some extra information from the customer. However, when I try to access the data submitted on this step during the checkout process, I'm unable to retrieve it correctly.

Any help or insights on how to resolve this issue would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your time and support!

Steve diaz
Mulesoft Training
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need Assistance with Magento 2.x Programming: Trouble with Custom Checkout Step

Re: Need Assistance with Magento 2.x Programming: Trouble with Custom Checkout Step

Hello

Thank you very much for your response and the valuable resources you've shared! I truly appreciate your assistance. I've carefully gone through the blogs you recommended:

1. Add New Custom Step/Section in Checkout Magento 2
  2. Magento 2 Add Additional Text based on Selected Shipping Methods in Checkout

The information and insights provided in these blogs seem incredibly helpful and directly relevant to the challenge I've been facing with implementing a custom checkout step in Magento 2. I'm excited to delve into these resources further and apply the techniques suggested.

Steve diaz
Mulesoft Training

Ensure Data Submission: Verify that your custom form data is correctly submitted using browser developer tools. Knockout JS Observables: Magento 2 uses Knockout JS for its checkout. Make sure you're using observables correctly to capture and store the data. Custom API Endpoint: Consider creating a custom API endpoint for your module to handle the data submission and retrieval. Check Data Storage: Ensure the data is saved correctly, either in the quote or a custom table, based on your implementation. Check Data Retrieval: Review how and where you're trying to retrieve the data during the checkout process. Ensure it aligns with the Magento flow.