cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New orders notification from Magento to my webhook

SOLVED

New orders notification from Magento to my webhook

Hey hey!

Is it possible to receive notifications about new orders from Magento to my custom webhook?

I know that it is possible to do this in Shopify for example and use it already so would be great to have the same thing in Magento. I could find any information regarding this in the docs.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New orders notification from Magento to my webhook

Yes, it is possible to receive notifications about new orders from Magento to your custom webhook. Magento provides an event-based system called "Magento Message Queue" that allows you to create and configure message queues to send and receive messages between different systems.

To set up a webhook for new order notifications, you can follow these general steps:

1. Create a new message queue in Magento and configure it to send notifications for new orders. You can use the sales_order_place_after event to trigger the message.

2. Set up your custom webhook to receive messages from the message queue. This can be done using a third-party service like Zapier or Integromat, or you can build your own webhook receiver using a programming language like PHP or Node.js.

3. Once your webhook is set up and listening for messages, Magento will send a notification to your webhook every time a new order is placed.

Here are some resources that can help you get started with Magento Message Queue:

Keep in mind that setting up a message queue and webhook can be complex, so it may be helpful to work with a Magento developer or consultant to ensure everything is set up correctly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: New orders notification from Magento to my webhook

Yes, it is possible to receive notifications about new orders from Magento to your custom webhook. Magento provides an event-based system called "Magento Message Queue" that allows you to create and configure message queues to send and receive messages between different systems.

To set up a webhook for new order notifications, you can follow these general steps:

1. Create a new message queue in Magento and configure it to send notifications for new orders. You can use the sales_order_place_after event to trigger the message.

2. Set up your custom webhook to receive messages from the message queue. This can be done using a third-party service like Zapier or Integromat, or you can build your own webhook receiver using a programming language like PHP or Node.js.

3. Once your webhook is set up and listening for messages, Magento will send a notification to your webhook every time a new order is placed.

Here are some resources that can help you get started with Magento Message Queue:

Keep in mind that setting up a message queue and webhook can be complex, so it may be helpful to work with a Magento developer or consultant to ensure everything is set up correctly.