cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override Magento Module

Override Magento Module

I am trying to override authorization.phtml located in vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/templates/account/link .

this file contains word "or" that appear between sign in or create account header link.

I have created the custom theme ( luma ) and created this path .

app/code/design/vendor/custom-luma/module-customer/view/frontend/templates/account/link/

and added modified authorization.phtml file . but the word still there . 

i guess my override path is incorrect. if i make the change to the core file , it will work but not with current override . any suggestion ? thanks. Robot tongue

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Override Magento Module

ok , i got the solution to the override path.

Magento_Customer/templates/account/link

this is the correct path to override authorization.phtml and is working . all that headaches to remove 'or' Smiley Frustrated

Re: Override Magento Module

It sounds like you are on the right track with your override approach. Here are some steps you can follow to ensure that your override is properly implemented:

1. Make sure that your custom theme is properly configured and applied. You can check this by going to the Magento Admin Panel and navigating to Content > Design > Configuration. Make sure that your custom theme is selected for the appropriate website and store view.

2. Check the path to your override file. Based on the path you provided, it seems like the correct path for your override file should be: app/code/design/vendor/custom-luma/Magento_Customer/templates/account/link/authorization.phtml

Make sure that your override file is located in this path and that it has the correct filename and file extension.

1. Clear the cache. Magento may still be using the cached version of the file, so it's important to clear the cache to ensure that your changes take effect. You can do this by going to the Magento Admin Panel and navigating to System > Cache Management, then clicking "Flush Magento Cache."

2. Finally, make sure that your changes to the file have actually been applied. You can do this by checking the contents of the file in your browser's developer tools, or by temporarily adding some test text to the file to see if it appears on the front-end.

If you've followed these steps and your changes still aren't appearing, it's possible that there is another override file taking precedence over yours. In that case, you may need to do some further troubleshooting to determine the root cause of the issue.