cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override bulk.phtml and buk.js on my vendor folder, I can not find the right path to rightly do so

Override bulk.phtml and buk.js on my vendor folder, I can not find the right path to rightly do so

Do you see anything obviously wrong here?

I am trying to override

1. vendor/magento/module-configurable-product/view/adminhtml/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

2. vendor/magento/module-configurable-product/view/adminhtml/web/js/variations/steps/bulk.js

I tried adding there files to my local

1. app/design/adminhtml/TTT/FFF/Magento_ConfigurableProduct/view/adminhtml/web/js/variations/steps/bulk.js

2. app/design/adminhtml/TTT/FFF/Magento_ConfigurableProduct/view/adminhtml/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

Then this

1. app/design/adminhtml/TTT/FFF/Magento_ConfigurableProduct/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

2. app/design/adminhtml/TTT/FFF/Magento_ConfigurableProduct/web/js/variations/steps/bulk.js

None of these changes worked.

Can anyone told me the exact path I should be using or point me at what's wrong on those I tried? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Override bulk.phtml and buk.js on my vendor folder, I can not find the right path to rightly do

Hello @juaninacio 

• First, create one custom module and install it in your Magento setup.
  • Then after you need to add those files as below path:
    • app/code/VENDOR/MODULE    NAME/view/adminhtml/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

•  

app/code/VENDOR/MODULE NAME/view/adminhtml/web/js/variations/steps/bulk.js

• Please clean the Magento cache and verify your changes.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Re: Override bulk.phtml and buk.js on my vendor folder, I can not find the right path to rightly do

HI @johnwebdes40a5 , thanks for replying. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I placed those files inside this module that already had some other customizations in it, however, the changes are not reflected in the CMS Any alternative idea to make it work? The are the relative paths I came up with with the instructions:

app/code/Telescopic/Fischbacher/view/adminhtml/web/js/variations/steps/bulk.js

app/code/Telescopic/Fischbacher/view/adminhtml/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

Bear in mind I re-compiled, deployed static files and flushed the cache.

Thanks again.

I will post the solution myself, as no-one provided me with the right answer for this query

For the JS file

needed to replace

vendor/magento/module-configurable-product/view/adminhtml/web/js/variations/steps/bulk.js

* using
app\code\T\F\view\adminhtml\web\js\variations\steps\bulk.js

defined replacement in
app\code\T\F\view\adminhtml\requirejs-config.js

var config = {
map: {
"*": {
"Magento_ConfigurableProduct/js/variations/steps/bulk": "T_F/js/variations/steps/bulk",
},
},
};

For the phtml file

need to replace
vendor/magento/module-configurable-product/view/adminhtml/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml
* using
app/code/Telescopic/Fischbacher/view/adminhtml/templates/catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

I searched for references of catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml in the magento vendor folder

I found the one matching this file was
vendor\magento\module-configurable-product\view\adminhtml\layout\catalog_product_wizard.xml

I copied that file to my custom module
app\code\T\F\view\adminhtml\layout\catalog_product_wizard.xml

Once there , I modified the reference to the phtml file from the vendor on to my custom
from

Magento_ConfigurableProduct::catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml
to
T_F::catalog/product/edit/attribute/steps/bulk.phtml

flushed the cache and voila!!!

Hope it helps someone else Smiley Happy