cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial-Payment:Is there anyway we can create Payment and Transaction without creating invoice?

Partial-Payment:Is there anyway we can create Payment and Transaction without creating invoice?

I am trying to implement Partial Payment in the Magento. I kind of implemented it, in a way by creating multiple invoice(idea is creating invoice quantity based on the amount paying). But, the current method involved lot of factional values and its calculations.

I am, thinking the cleaner way is accepting payments and create invoice only at the last payment.

So I would like to know if there is any way we can just accept "Payment Amount" and recorded it in `sales_order`, `sales_order_payment` and `sales_payment_transaction`(not sure whether Payment touch any other tables).

Thank you for your suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Partial-Payment:Is there anyway we can create Payment and Transaction without creating invoice?

No, you can not create payment without creating an Invoice. But Magento Provides a facility to create a Partial Invoice.

For Example, the User has added 2 products and placed an order. and Admin can create partial Invoices. So 2 Invoices will be created.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

Re: Partial-Payment:Is there anyway we can create Payment and Transaction without creating invoice?

I have created a Payment Gateway on top of Braintree, it will accept Partial Payment. I have implemented it based on invoice. So that it will create invoice with fractional quantities each time on receiving a payment. 

I was wondering is there any way to receive payment and record payment transactions  without creating an Invoice.  The Invoice will be generated only when last payment is made.