cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Adding More than One Tab (catalog_product_view.xml)

Problem Adding More than One Tab (catalog_product_view.xml)

So, I've been around Magento since version 0.9b and I've never had issues like I'm having today. I've come to the realization that there may just be a bug in version 2.3.3 10/2019 release of the Community Edition. 

I'm trying to add two static blocks as tabs on the product page, which in previous versions would simply be accomplished with the following: 

<referenceBlock name="product.info.details>

<block class="Magento\Cms\Block\Block" name="tab_name" group="detailed_info">

<arguments>

<argument name="title" translate="true" xsi:type="string">Tab Name</argument>

<argument name="block_id" xsi:type="string">block_id</argument>

</arguments>

</block>

<block class="Magento\Cms\Block\Block" name="tab2_name" group="detailed_info">

<arguments>

<argument name="title" translate="true" xsi:type="string">Tab 2 Name</argument>

<argument name="block_id" xsi:type="string">block_id_2</argument>

</arguments>

</block>

</referenceBlock>

However, no matter what it try, it only adds the last mentioned tab as though it's not processing catalog_product_view.xml correctly. I've also gone through and done the same process using class of Magento\Catalog\Block\Product\View using a template file to load the cms block, and it also only adds the last mentioned.

So, has anyone else found a workaround for this, or should I start tearing in to why the newest release version is handling this incorrectly?