cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing billing address from payment method without removing agreements.

SOLVED

Removing billing address from payment method without removing agreements.

I'm looking to remove the billing address from the payment-step. I moved the option to add a billing address to the shipping step.

Now I know there is an option in the admin: 

/* config: stores/configuration/sales/checkout/checkout-options/display_billing_address_on = payment_page */

But I want it to work even if that option is not selected.

I am able to unset the billing address from all payment methods but that also removes the checkout_agreement field.

/* config: checkout/options/display_billing_address_on = payment_method */
if (isset($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']
['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children']
)) {
foreach ($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']
['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children'] as $key => $payment) {

unset($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']
['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children'][$key]);
}
}  

How can change this so the checkout_agreements stay? I would prefer a pretty solution, not just hide it in the CSS and would also love to be able to only change files in my module so it is easy to implement. I feel like I have to change checkout_index_index under Magento_Checkout_Agreements and that I should do something with the displayArea in there but i'm not sure what. I would love an option like what the config option does with the billing address. So an option to move the agreements to the bottom of the page. Or just delete the billing address area and leave the agreements alone.

Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Removing billing address from payment method without removing agreements.

Try with below code for agreements block to prevent in checkout page,

if (isset($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children']
)) {
    foreach ($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children'] as $key => $payment) {

if($key == 'before-place-order') {
                    foreach ($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children']['before-place-order']['children'] as $key => $payment) {
                        if($key == 'agreements') {
                            continue;
                        }
                    }
                }
                unset($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']
    }
} 

I have updated my answer please check again, Replace return true with continue.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Try with below code for agreements block to prevent in checkout page,

if (isset($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children']
)) {
    foreach ($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children'] as $key => $payment) {

if($key == 'before-place-order') {
                    foreach ($jsLayoutResult['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['billing-step']['children']['payment']['children']['payments-list']['children']['before-place-order']['children'] as $key => $payment) {
                        if($key == 'agreements') {
                            continue;
                        }
                    }
                }
    }
} 

I have updated my answer please check again, Replace return true with continue.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thanks for the quick response. Sadly I get an error: 

Exception #0 (Exception): Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/aaaaaa/domains/aaaaaaaa.nl/public_html/vendor/magento/module-checkout/Model/Layout/AbstractTotalsProcessor.php on line 44  

Phpstorm complains about the return value being a bool and expecting an array and the 'payment' and 'key' used in the foreach inside while also being used by the outer foreach. Do you know how to fix that? Thanks in advance.

Ah you changed the code and now it works, thanks Smiley Very Happy

-- Gone -- 

Hello @SannNL,

Will that be possible to use in 2.2.5?

Would you provide me a little "how to" include your code to disable the billing information on the checkout page? I would like to let my customers checkout without entering their billing information.

Cheers

Yes it works on 2.2.5. I just upgraded to that. You can create a plugin on LayoutProcessor.php and then paste Rakesh's code in there Smiley Happy

Where should I insert this code for ? can give the roots of this that file, thanks.

Hello,

I am interested too, which file is this?

Thanks