cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag other profiles in comment section in order

Tag other profiles in comment section in order

Greeting,
I wonder if there is a plugin or a solution for tagging another Magento 2 profile in the comment section of each order.
What I want: I work for a boutique that has 5+ stores and I want the person doing the orders to be able to tag the store (another profile) that has to prepare the corresponding item from their store.

Thank you very much in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tag other profiles in comment section in order

A quick workaround that doesn't require any extensions or custom code would be to use custom order statuses.

You can add new order statuses under Stores > Order Status, and assign them to the order states in which the order usually is when someone has to prepare the corresponding item from their store.

So you could create statuses like:

• To be prepared by John Doe
  • To be prepared by Xyz

When they go to the admin order grid, they can just filter all orders by status that concerns them and start preparing them. Once they prepared them they can switch the order status to whatever is the next logical one. 

Founder at https://agency418.com

Yes, that would be great if the order contains one article from one store..
What if the order contains several items from different stores?

But also (unrelated to the order), is there any solution for taging other profile in comment section? 

E.g. @toniagency82ed (let's pretend that your profile is a one of my stores)

Thanks!

There are some advanced order management extensions but I'm not aware of any particular extension that does exactly what you need here. 

Custom code solution could be made for you, though.

Founder at https://agency418.com

@toniagency82ed Direct2HR wrote:

There are some advanced order management extensions but I'm not aware of any particular extension that does exactly what you need here. 

Custom code solution could be made for you, though.

Great suggestion! Using custom order statuses is a smart and flexible workaround. It really helps streamline the order preparation process and keeps everything organized without needing extra extensions. The ability to assign specific tasks to individuals like 'To be prepared by John Doe' is super practical. I also like how it integrates seamlessly into the admin order grid for easy filtering. Definitely a time-saver!

I agree with you.