cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Developer Access - GDPR

SOLVED

Third Party Developer Access - GDPR

Hi all

I hope this is the correct section to post this question.

With GDPR in place and for general security and privacy reasons, how does everyone else deal with giving third party extension developers access to your admin?
This would give access to all customer details etc.

How do you deal with it?

Thank you in advance

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Third Party Developer Access - GDPR

Hi @Andy_Acute 

As @theMageComp  suggested you can ask for remote access but if there is a need to share the account then instead of sharing the admin account you are using you can create a new one with limited access related to extension settings only.

So when they login with this account,then they can see the portion for which you have provide the access to them rest part is hidden.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Andy_Acute 

If you are store owner, its up to you if you want to provide the details to extension vendor or ask them for remote access help.

Being Extension development Agency, sometimes customer don't give us the details for any type of support, so we have to schedule a time with them for remote support.

Other thing, working with most of the reputed agencies, you may not have to worry about the security as they know the importance of it very well. About customer's data, you can give them limited rights for admin user.

Those type of security practices will keep you secure and your data as well.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi @Andy_Acute 

As @theMageComp  suggested you can ask for remote access but if there is a need to share the account then instead of sharing the admin account you are using you can create a new one with limited access related to extension settings only.

So when they login with this account,then they can see the portion for which you have provide the access to them rest part is hidden.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".