cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move xml block 'product.attribures' to below the 'add to cart' button… fails

SOLVED

Trying to move xml block 'product.attribures' to below the 'add to cart' button… fails

I trying to move the product.attributes block to a different location in the layout but it refuses to move. Also changing the string 'More information to 'Specification' also fails. Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trying to move xml block 'product.attribures' to below the 'add to cart' button… fails

Hi @nickloat ,

For that I am suggesting you should search product.attributes word in whole app folder.

Either it's removed or modified by custom extension or any theme section.

Also, don't forgot to check in vendor folder because extension installed by composer located inside vendor folder.

Problem Solved? Accept as Solution!

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ankit Jasani

View solution in original post

Re: Trying to move xml block 'product.attribures' to below the 'add to cart' button… fails

Hi Ankit,

Got it to move by adding .wrapper e.g. product.attributes.wrapper

Pretty frustrating that Magento appears to require as much guesswork as knowledge.
Now to try and find which file sets the h2 tag with 'More Information'!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @nickloat ,

Do like below in catalog_product_view.xml

<move element="product.attributes" destination="product.info.addtocart.additional" before="-"/>

Screenshot from 2022-10-10 10-50-05.png

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ankit Jasani

Hi Ankit,
The positioning in the screen grab is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. However, the block resolutely refuses to move!  See below the code I'm using (catalog_product_view.xml)…

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright © Magento, Inc. All rights reserved.
 * See COPYING.txt for license details.
 */
-->
<page layout="1column" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
    <body>
        <move element="page.main.title" destination="product.info.main" before="-"/>
        <move element="product.info.stock.sku" destination="product.info.price" after="product.price.final"/>
		<move element="product.info.review" destination="product.info.main" before="product.info.price"/>
		<move element="product.info.details" destination="head.components"/>

<move element="catalog.product.related" destination="product.info.media" after="-"/>
		<move element="catalog.compare.list" destination="product.info.media" after="-"/>
		<move element="product.info.extrahint.qtyincrements" destination="product.info.main" after="-"/>
		<move element="product.attributes" destination="product.info.addtocart.additional" before="-"/>

</body>
</page>

Hi @nickloat ,

For that I am suggesting you should search product.attributes word in whole app folder.

Either it's removed or modified by custom extension or any theme section.

Also, don't forgot to check in vendor folder because extension installed by composer located inside vendor folder.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ankit Jasani

Hi Ankit,

Got it to move by adding .wrapper e.g. product.attributes.wrapper

Pretty frustrating that Magento appears to require as much guesswork as knowledge.
Now to try and find which file sets the h2 tag with 'More Information'!