cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the API URL endpoint for updating a customer address

SOLVED

What is the API URL endpoint for updating a customer address

Hello,

I am creating a Dell Boomi process to update a customer's shipping address if it has been changed during the shipping process. I think I have the payload that is needed but not the end point URL. Does anyone know what the endpoint URL should be to update a Magento 2 customer's shipping address? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is the API URL endpoint for updating a customer address

I found out you can use the customer endpoint URL /V1/customers/:customerID (yes, I am a newbie) but if you do not supply all of the customer's addresses, in addition to the address being changed, it will delete the other addresses Smiley Sad It seems like there should be a way to only update the address that I want to change without effecting the others, and having to do another request in Boomi to get all of the customer addresses prior to changing.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to do that.

Regards,

Joe

View solution in original post

I think first you can get all address data from api and same you can use for update that address.

So basically if you want to update customer address you should call 2 api, one to get current address data and using those data you can call another api to update that address data.

If it helps please give "Kudos" and "accept solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I found out you can use the customer endpoint URL /V1/customers/:customerID (yes, I am a newbie) but if you do not supply all of the customer's addresses, in addition to the address being changed, it will delete the other addresses Smiley Sad It seems like there should be a way to only update the address that I want to change without effecting the others, and having to do another request in Boomi to get all of the customer addresses prior to changing.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to do that.

Regards,

Joe

I think first you can get all address data from api and same you can use for update that address.

So basically if you want to update customer address you should call 2 api, one to get current address data and using those data you can call another api to update that address data.

If it helps please give "Kudos" and "accept solution".

Please give "Kudos" if answer helps you!