cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is this module-ui/view/base/web/templates/form/element/input.html used?

Where is this module-ui/view/base/web/templates/form/element/input.html used?

I am basically going through the RequireJS section of the official Magento 2 documentation and there is a section which mentions about changing the maxlength of an input tag with class="admin__control-text" to 512, which is supposed to be 256 by default.

I am facing difficulty locating where this is being used in Magento 2. Even with the template hints turned on, I am not able to find which form input in the adminhtml or frontend areas is this file is getting applied. I tried checking the adminhtml area and could see the class "admin__control-text" in some places however they came from some other template and not this one which is inside vendor/magento/module_ui.

So even after creating the file I am not able to check and confirm if the additions that I made in my app/code/<Vendor_name>/<module_name>/view/base/web/template/form/element to the maxlength are being applied as I don't know where to check and if this file is getting applied.

Can someone please help with this? I have been stuck on this for quite some time.