cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"How to Implement Custom Module for Product Import in Magento 2.x

"How to Implement Custom Module for Product Import in Magento 2.x

Hello Magento Community,

I am working on a project where I need to import products into Magento 2.x using a custom module. I have already created a basic module, but I am facing challenges with the following:

1. Mapping CSV Fields: How do I map CSV fields to Magento product attributes in my custom import module?
  2. Handling Large Data Sets: What are best practices for handling large data sets during import to avoid performance issues?
  3. Error Handling: How can I implement robust error handling and logging to track import issues?

Could someone provide guidance or examples on how to approach these aspects? Any code snippets, references to existing modules, or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

Re: "How to Implement Custom Module for Product Import in Magento 2.x

We have our own custom build data load solutions, you can also load them via rest or via graphql or via direct internal calls which keeps the load code separate from Magento, depends on number of products.

We have our own custom load code via a pim (which either stores config or actual products) and loads to Magento via one of the above methods, we have code for all of them, the key is to perform delta loads so you only update changes otherwise it will be too slow.

Loading via a custom module, unless under client constraints, is not the ideal way of doing it, create sample products and then export them, this will show you the import data.

MochiGroup.net