cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complete page refresh vs partial page load

complete page refresh vs partial page load

We are building a new retail Magento 2 site. However, we are not sure if the partial page load would be the best way to go. On one hand, it does make sense because it will improve the user experience by reducing the load time since you don't have to load the header, footer and side navigation everytime you go to a different page. Some has concerns about SEO and analytics. However, I read several articles there's no issues to partial views when it is done correctly. For SEO, you need a separate URL for every page to be indexed and show up in search results. The best way to go around this issue is to use the new navigation history framework (HTML5), along with some tweaking for Internet Explorer (IE):

That helps to change the URL dynamically when a partial view is loaded, plus, to complement this, you design everything so that a URL determines the partial views to load, therefore building the entire page just like it would have happened through user interaction.

This allows both SEO and partial views to co-exist in harmony, and allows the user to user the back and forward navigation buttons.

You need is to make all those URLs accessible to crawlers, either through a site map page, a sitemap.xml file, or by uploading all URLs to Google.

I found the above info online. So, can someone shed some light on this? It seems like it is a good option. Why not implemented everywhere?  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: complete page refresh vs partial page load

Hi @auto998,

By "partial page load", are you referring to the Require JS implementation in Magento 2 that loads Javascript on-the-fly?

Please clarify if that is what you are referring to.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: complete page refresh vs partial page load

Hi Gabriel,

I am trying to improve of the load time on the new site by not reloading the header, footer and the sidebar since they exist on every page on the site when ever the user switch or browse from one page to another.   

Sam