cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magento 2.3 create observer after successful account creation

magento 2.3 create observer after successful account creation

I have successfully created custom customer attributes in Magento 2.3.2 (like doctor name and doctor zipcode) and I can see/modify them in my adminhtml customer view. What I would like is to have them inserted into customer orders and order e-mails. Has anyone already done that ? Thank you for your pointers/hints/solutions ! Edit :

I tried using observers : 1 for customer signup, 1 on successful order. So I added 2 modules

One called CustomerRegister : registration.php :

<?php

\Magento\Framework\Component\ComponentRegistrar::register(    \Magento\Framework\Component\ComponentRegistrar::MODULE,
    'CustomerRegister_Emails',    __DIR__);

etc/frontend/events.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:Event/etc/events.xsd"">
    <event name="customer_register_success">
<observer name="customerregister" instance="CustomerRegister\Emails\Observer\AddCustomerData">
    </event>
</config>

etc/module.xml:

?xml version="1.0"?>
<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:Module/etc/module.xsd">
    <module name="CustomerRegister" setup_version="1.0.1">
<sequence>
<module name="Magento_CustomerRegister"/>
</sequence>
    </module>
</config>

Observer/AddCustomerData.php :

<?php

namespace Anshu\Emails\Observer;

use Magento\Framework\Event\ObserverInterface;

class AddCustomerData implements ObserverInterface
{
 public function __construct(    \Magento\Customer\Api\CustomerRepositoryInterface $customerRepositoryInterface
  ){    $this->_customerRepositoryInterface = $customerRepositoryInterface;
  }

public function execute(\Magento\Framework\Event\Observer $observer)
  {    $transport = $observer->getEvent()->getTransport();    $customer = $this->_customerRepositoryInterface->getById($transport->getOrder()->GetCustomerId());$transport->addData([
'nommedecin' => $customer->getCustomAttribute('nommedecin')->getValue()

]);
}
}

It seems my module is not even called? 

Of course I did bin/magento setup:upgrade and all the required stuff...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: magento 2.3 create observer after successful account creation

Hello @alcyonis 

It seems that you have defined incorrect namespace in the Observer/AddCustomerData.php file.

In Observer/AddCustomerData.php file
Please change

namespace Anshu\Emails\Observer;

to

namespace CustomerRegister\Emails\Observer;

Now your observer will be called.

Hope it helps.

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"

Hi Team,

Nice tutorial. Can you please help me out on this part?

In my project whenever any user visits the front-end & creates an account like https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/customers/account-company-create.html. Company form is displayed. After entering all valid information, an email is sent to the user to set a password. After this, the admin approves the account from the backend.

I want to modify this requirement i.e. I want to add new fields password/confirm password over the same form & want to set auto-approval of all the accounts i.e. I want all accounts to set passwords on the form. No email to set password & no approval will be required from admin. I want this as default Magento flow work. Is this possible? Please confirm.

Rashi

@Meetanshi   Why this is 

namespace CustomerRegister\Emails\Observer;

for modules, we need to define the vendor name the app folder then observer Directory Right