cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magento 2 coupon code help

magento 2 coupon code help

hi i need your help. I need to make it mandatory (required field) to enter a coupon code during checkout. Do you have any suggestions?

Alternatively, prevent the checkout order confirmation if a coupon code is not entered.

I'm using magento 2.4.5.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: magento 2 coupon code help

You can follow these steps for creating coupon codes in Magento 2:

1. Accessing the Admin Panel: To create coupon codes, log in to the Magento 2 Admin Panel and navigate to Marketing > Promotions > Cart Price Rules.

2. Creating a New Rule: Click on "Add New Rule" to begin the process of creating a new coupon code.

3. General Information: Fill in the general information, including the rule name, description, and status.

4. Coupon Information: Under the "Coupon" tab, select "Specific Coupon" to generate a unique code or choose "No Coupon" to apply the rule without a code.

5. Conditions and Actions: In the "Conditions" tab, set the conditions that must be met for the coupon to apply. In the "Actions" tab, define the discount amount or percentage, and choose other parameters like free shipping or applying the discount to specific product attributes.

6. Labels: Customize the label that appears on the frontend for the promotion.

7. Usage Limits: Set usage limits for the coupon, including the number of times it can be used per customer or in total.

8. Scheduling: Optionally, set start and end dates for the coupon's validity.

9. Testing the Coupon: Test the coupon code on the frontend to ensure it is working as intended.

By following these steps, you can easily create coupon codes in Magento 2 to offer discounts and promotions or to prevent them checking out without a coupon code.