cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems installing magento2 locally(MAMP)

problems installing magento2 locally(MAMP)

Hello,

I have successfully installed magento on a local MAMP server. It is not possible to reindex the indexes. I have tried to the followed procedures:
1. for setting up the cron jobs I tried:

http://claudiucreanga.github.io/magento/magento2-setup-with-mamp-including-crons.html

2. when I am in my magento root directory and I type in the terminal: php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I just get the error messages: 

[Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception]                       

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory                                                

[PDOException]                                    

I tried to resolve this problem using this:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/51948/sqlstatehy000-2002-no-such-file-or-directory-error

but:

I don't know where I can change the database hostname.

when I open the phpinfo.php file in the root of the magento installation I find:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/conf
Loaded Configuration File/Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/conf/php.ini

should these two values be equal? (I don't know how to find out which php.ini file PHP command-line interface (CLI) is using)

and I cannot find the app/etc/local.xml file.

please help me, I am desperate.

best regards,

David

6 REPLIES 6

Re: problems installing magento2 locally(MAMP)

to check what version php cli is using you type in terminal : php -v

if cli is using another version of php then the one installed in mamp you can specify cli to use the version in mamp. The command should look something like this : /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.20/bin/php magento indexer:reindex

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I just entered php -v, output: 

PHP 7.0.22 (cli) (built: Aug 17 2017 11:29:35) ( NTS )

Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies

7.0.22 is the version which is stated in the phpinfo.php page as well, so this should be okay.

how do I set up the cron jobs properly? this is what I entered in the crontab:

*/1 * * * * /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/conf -c /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/conf/php.ini /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento/bin/magento cron:run >> /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento/var/log/setup.cron.log&

*/1 * * * * /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/conf -c /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/conf/php.ini /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento/update/cron.php >> /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento/var/log/setup.cron.log&

*/1 * * * * /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/conf -c /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/conf/php.ini /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/magento/var/log/setup.cron.log&

when I am entering in the terminal

/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/bin/php magento indexer:reindex

it responds: Could not open input file: magento

best regards

if your're in the root folder of your magento project you need to add "bin" to the command. either of these commands should work :

/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.20/bin/php ./bin/magento indexer:reindex

or

/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.20/bin/php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Is there a reason why I should use 7.0.20 instead of 7.0.22(which is my CLI version and the version which is stated on the phpinfo.php page)? Independent which one I try I always get the same response:

Davids-MacBook-Pro:bin david$ /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/bin/php ./bin/magento indexer:reindex

Could not open input file: ./bin/magento

You have mail in /var/mail/david

Davids-MacBook-Pro:bin david$ /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.22/bin/php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Could not open input file: bin/magento

just out of curiosity I went to the root directory  of my magenta installation and entered  "php bin/magento indexer:reindex". Suddenly it worked. I don't know why it works now... I tried this multiple times and always got the same response:

Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception]                       

[PDOException]                                    

indexer:reindex [index1] ... [indexN]

I really dont know why it works now and would love to know what is different now...

thanks for your help.

best regards,

David

I found a way to resolve this issue is:

get error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

solution: create symlink from mamp mysql.sock to /tmp/mysql.sock

ln -s /Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock

The cause of my case is Mamp install mysql and socket in other directory and Magento 2 looking mysql.sock in default place. So we just need to link the default place to Mamp place. This will resolve this issue.

I noted some other issues I got when install mamp here:
https://mrvts.wordpress.com/2019/08/25/mac-pro-install-and-use-mamp-pro-for-magento/

This resolve my problem!. Thanks.