cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 error on import check data [Magento 2.3.5 & Nginx 1.2.0]

SOLVED

403 error on import check data [Magento 2.3.5 & Nginx 1.2.0]

Hello, I am having a sudden and unexplained issue during the data import process that is giving me a 403 response.

I am able to successfully check data for any one individual product SKU, but ONLY if I remove the "additional_attributes" field.

I am also unable to successfully check data even for the sample file that Magento provides on the import page, unless I remove the last two products from the file. I CAN, however, leave the "additional_attributes" field in the remaining sample file products and successfully check data.

None of this produces any error messages in any logs. The only thing that I ever get is a 403 Forbidden response in the console while the check data loading wheel spins for eternity.

Three weeks ago everything was working normally. The only change since then has been to install a plugin called CustomerGuard to stop a bot attack we were experiencing from Chinese and Hong Kong IPs. This plugin has since been removed from the staging environment, but the problem persists.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 403 error on import check data [Magento 2.3.5 & Nginx 1.2.0]

The 403 error occurs when you are blocked from accessing that address. They can only be:
- Wrong .htaccess file configuration
- Wrong file or folder permissions
- Plugin error or plugin incompatibility
- 403 forbidden error may be due to your hosting company updating to change something in the system.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The 403 error occurs when you are blocked from accessing that address. They can only be:
- Wrong .htaccess file configuration
- Wrong file or folder permissions
- Plugin error or plugin incompatibility
- 403 forbidden error may be due to your hosting company updating to change something in the system.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

Check your admin account permission System > (Permission) All Users

Might your admin account does not have permission for API import attributes

Thank you for the response!

The admin account does have the correct permissions, so I do not believe this is the issue.

We are self-hosted, and no changes have been made to the hosting environment. We have also not changed the system config files.

Since the import process last worked, here are the changes we have made:

a module was installed for customer account creation blocking based on IP location. This has since been uninstalled and we then redeployed. That's all in terms of changes made.

Some updated context that might help a little:

We are unable to save changes to the catalog configuration. We get the same 403 error. Everything else we have changed in the store configuration manager saves fine, however. Only catalog settings cannot be adjusted.

Thank you for the response!

We are self-hosted, and no changes have been made to the hosting environment. We have also not changed the system config files.

Since the import process last worked, here are the changes we have made:

a module was installed for customer account creation blocking based on IP location. This has since been uninstalled and we then redeployed. That's all in terms of changes made.

Some updated context that might help a little:

We are unable to save changes to the catalog configuration. We get the same 403 error. Everything else we have changed in the store configuration manager saves fine, however. Only catalog settings cannot be adjusted.