cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 not found for every page except homepage

404 not found for every page except homepage

Hello everyone,  

I have installed Magento 2 with MAMP on my MacBook Pro OS X.

After finishing the installation, the homepage shows up fine with a default theme. Next to that every single page shows :

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /magento/admin was not found on this server.  

I have been looking for a solution for 2 days now, after trying many different things none of them worked for me. I've tried both Magento 1.9.2.2 and Magento 2.

I hope someone can help me fix this problem, via PM we can also change Skype credentials to make it easier. If you need any more information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance and wish you all nice days.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 404 not found for every page except homepage

I see you have installed Magento 2 into the /magento subdirectory.

When Magento 2 is installed into a subdirectory, you need to adjust your webserver (Apache, Nginx, etc.).

I have also tried installing it in the root directory it didn't change anything, and I can't find the .htaccess files on my Mac. Could you help me through Skype?

Sounds pretty much like you didn't copy the htaccess to the root. Are you sure it's there?

.htaccess is a hidden file in OSX, so if you arent familiar with handling hidden files you should unpack the dowloaded zip in the folder you will run Magento from og rename the folder Magento unpacks in and move the entire folder as opposed to moving the files. I you select all visible files and move them to another folder this won't include htaccess

To make sure you have/don't have a .htaccess-file, please:

- Open you regular code editor

- Go til File » Open

- Navigate to the root folder of your Magento

- press  'CMD' + Shift (this makes hidden files visible in the dialogue)