cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding translation lines from other modules to an existing translation dictionary?

Adding translation lines from other modules to an existing translation dictionary?

So I am using the mageplaza translation dictionary for French, we've installed another extension to handle pre-order. I've done collect phrases on that module and added fr_FR.csv in app/code/(vendor)/Preorder/i18n/fr_FR.csv , translated the lines I wanted.

After doing a static deploy fr_FR, reindexing, clearing/flushing cache, it doesn't seem to catch what it needs to translate. I've tried modifying a line in the dictionary which is under vendor/mageplaza/(long name with fr)/fr_FR.csv and that seems to be working.

I've tried adding the module components that we get from using the i18n-collect-phrases command on the whole installation and adding the lines that I want to the master translation file as well, for example "Preorder Information","Preorder Information",module,(vendor_app), I appended that at the end of the fr_FR.csv found there (Where I tested modifications and it worked), and again, nothing on that front.

So I am curious if there are things that could be interfering?