cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Orders page will not load for specific users

SOLVED

Admin Orders page will not load for specific users

I've never come across an issue like this before with Magento.   We've recently noticed that some users in our environment get the following error when loading the Sales > Orders page in the admin console. 

The strange part is only certain users are getting this error.   Any new user we create has the error but also a collection of pre-existing users as well.   I'm not sure when this began. It may have been our update from 2.2.5 to 2.2.8, but it wasn't noticed until now when we are running 2.2.9.   I believe we also upgraded our PHP and NGINX version somewhere in that same timeframe.

I'm not a developer so not sure how to best troubleshoot this problem.  I've done the basic things like flushed the cache.   Recompiled the site and pushed static content.  I've reset the server etc but we are still seeing the problem.   I've also looked into clearing lines in the UI_bookmark table but the new users we create don't even have lines created in that table.

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in webroot/vendor/magento/framework/Data/Collection/AbstractDb.php on line 423

Here is the line of code it's pointing out. 

AbstractDb.php on line 423AbstractDb.php on line 423

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Admin Orders page will not load for specific users

Just an FYI for anyone who reads this in the future. It looks like my problem stemmed from an out of date module (Wyomind Advanced Inventory). I found this out by systematically disabling and reenabling 3rd party modules.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Did you check your Magento log files? You can try to reproduce the issue and check the log files, you should get more information about the issue.

OR

Illegal offset type errors occur when you attempt to access an array index using an object or an array as the index key.

Example:

$x = new stdClass();

$arr = array();

echo $arr[$x];

Sorry for the delayed response.  Unfortunately, I don't get to a whole lot of extra info when in developer mode and looking a the logs.  Basically just the same error in the system.log.

[2019-08-19 21:20:37] main.CRITICAL: Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /var/www/devshop.XXX.com/vendor/magento/framework/Data/Collection/AbstractDb.php on line 423 [] []
[2019-08-19 21:24:05] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'notification.messages' tries to reorder itself towards 'user', but their parents are different: 'header.inner.right' and 'header' respectively. [] []
[2019-08-19 21:24:05] main.CRITICAL: Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /var/www/devshop.XXX.com/vendor/magento/framework/Data/Collection/AbstractDb.php on line 423 [] []

Just an FYI for anyone who reads this in the future. It looks like my problem stemmed from an out of date module (Wyomind Advanced Inventory). I found this out by systematically disabling and reenabling 3rd party modules.