cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin controller stuck in infinite loop

Admin controller stuck in infinite loop

Hi, 

We have been having a "Front controller reached 100 router match iterations" error report, which is bringing down the site several times a day. I have memcache, redis and varnish running and when I restart them it will bring the site up again for a while

After hours of debugging I have found that the /index.php/admin page is stuck in an infinite loop which can be seen in the watchlog extension. I have been researching everywhere and can't find a solution. I am a newbie in Magent and have no idea how to fix/prevent this from happening. Would anyone have any advice on how to fix this please? Any help would be kindly appreciated, kind regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Admin controller stuck in infinite loop

Hi,

I'd suspect that it's one of the extension that you have running since 100 router match iterations usually indicate a problem. (100 is actually an arbitary limit impose in the Magento code to stop infinte loops).

Can you disable your extensions and then test it to see if this happens?

If not; enable them one by one until you find your problem extension. Note that it may not just be one extension; but a combination of extensions that are causing the issues.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Re: Admin controller stuck in infinite loop

Thank you for the reply and your help, it's much appreciated.

I believe you are right we do have a lot of extensions some which we don't use and I tried removing previously but obviously it broke it. I will do as suggested and try removing them one by one. 

Kind Regards,